Fitzcarraldo Editions is recruiting a Sales and Marketing Executive to join our growing team based in Deptford, south-east London. The Sales and Marketing Executive will work closely with the publisher, associate publisher, publicity director and publishing executive to manage sales and marketing for Fitzcarraldo Editions.
Responsibilities will include:
– developing marketing assets (including AIs and catalogues);
– implementing and managing marketing campaigns for print, ebook and audiobooks;
– maintaining and updating Fitzcarraldo Editions’ metadata via our Booksonix account;
– overseeing Fitzcarraldo Editions’ Amazon and Bookshop.org accounts, and optimizing online listings;
– managing relationships with booksellers;
– developing Fitzcarraldo Editions’ digital presence through our website, consumer newsletter and social media accounts;
– overseeing and developing direct web sales and subscriptions;
– working closely with our independent sales team and distributors (GBS, Consortium) to improve the sale and distribution of Fitzcarraldo Editions’ titles around the world.
The position will suit someone able to work as part of a small team but also willing to use their initiative, with good communication and organization skills, an aptitude for using data, an ability to work well under pressure, and good attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have some sales and/or marketing experience in publishing or a similar industry, be enthusiastic about selling and marketing books, have an interest in digital culture and technology, and enthusiasm for the Fitzcarraldo Editions list.
This is a full-time position paid at £25,000 per annum with a three-month probationary period, starting as soon as possible. This role is usually based in our office in Deptford, but will involve some remote working initially due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 20 August 2021. Interviews will be held soon afterwards.